Poor collaboration is a major cause of workplace failures. When teams fail to connect and coordinate properly, organizations experience the poor performance of projects with frequent delays or cancellations. Early signs of communication issues must be immediately addressed which otherwise prove to be costly for an organization causing hours of loss.
Lack of team governance
Drilling down to the core of the collaboration issue in a digital environment especially with a distributed worforce can be majorly attributed to poor team governance, responsibilities being undefined, and expectations mismatches. Let us quickly discuss a few of them –
- Collaboration depends on trust and transparency when teams are remote. Issues can arise when teams are not clear about their roles or the purpose of the project.
- Next, relying on emails for sharing varied ideas and opinions by different team members may generate miscommunications and conflicts. This hampers decision-making to pick the best idea out of many options.
- Also, due to technology limitations and decentralized organizational structure, remote teams face visibility challenges.
- Improper and inconsistent communication structure greatly affects collaboration with clients or external vendors with whom resources are frequently exchanged.
- Another important barrier that negatively impacts team performance is the use of fragmented or disconnected apps. To drive focus and productivity, remote teams need one curated solution to perform their tasks and avoid switching between apps.
Take advantage of collaboration software
The good news is virtual collaboration technology has made remote work easier and viable for dispersed teams. Thus, by choosing the right software that meets your teams and business requirements, you can improve the methods of communication and collaboration effectively.
Such tools help in streamlining teamwork by providing everything in one place. There is no need to use multiple apps to do a job or stay relevant. Your teams can chat, call, meet online, share and co-edit files, all in real-time on the same platform with integrated applications.
Using advanced features for project management, your teams can easily plan and schedule tasks, prioritize and assign tasks, set team calendars, share documents with external users, manage resources, create customizable reports and even check project progress on the dashboard.
Avoid collaboration issues using TeamsHUB.io
As remote work has been moving upward on a trajectory for the last couple of years, we understand the ardent need of agile organizations to keep their multi-site employees hyper-efficient. Accoutered with automation, TeamsHUB.io offers frictionless collaboration and ensures that your remote teams don’t just survive but thrive even in times of uncertainty.
With remote-friendly interface, robust governance features, employee monitoring tools, secure data sharing, user access control, information management, next-gen intranet, and more, TeamsHUB.io reinvents employee experience through Microsoft Teams which forms the core of employee productivity.
So, let your work culture be revived and remote teams come alive by breaking all communication silos using TeamsHUB.io as a unified collaboration tool.