Data is paramount for the growth and development of any business. Hence, confidentiality and security of corporate data is a key priority for IT leaders, especially when teams work remotely.
Businesses store plenty of files with sensitive data in the cloud. Such files are often shared with third-party vendors using collaboration platforms which becomes a doorway to data leaks and other intrusions.
It has been observed that organizations fail to protect their data because of misconfigured protocols. Remember, when you give external users access to your system, you remain liable for securing your own data.
In this blog, we will learn how using TeamsHUB by Cyclotron, you can mitigate data challenges that come with cloud collaboration and maintain an inviolable security posture. Let’s begin:
Important rules to reduce the risk of data leakage
1. Identify sensitive data
- Determine which data in your organization needs the most protection. Then use TeamsHub by Cyclotron for proper classification and categorization of information.
- Confidential data is detected and blocked from viewing, downloading, printing, etc., whenever shared by Teams users with the help of Information Rights Management (IRM) Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies.
- Protect the information and attachments in email, Teams chat, channel messages, OneDrive, and SharePoint documents persistently.
2. Monitor activities and critical changes
- A hacker reconnoiters the network security before tampering with the system, hence it is vital for businesses to keep track of critical changes that take place in their environment.
- Using effective monitoring solutions, you can accurately identify unusual incidents such as unauthorized access, copying, download, or deletion of data, and more.
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron’s analytics allows you to monitor all happenings inside your Teams environment including access, usage, adoption, and activities by all users to grab granular insights in real-time.
3. Encrypt your data
- Encryption is one of the best ways to secure sensitive information and make the system defensive against theft. Encryption is a mechanism that converts sensitive data into unreadable complex codes and makes it difficult to crack.
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron encrypts data using sensitivity labels and keeps it tightly governed while it travels.
- Using sensitivity labels, you can define various levels of protection, add content marking such as ‘do not copy’ or ‘do not share’, configure a time-limit for the availability of the content, and enable auto-labeling to detect sensitive data such as PII or financial account numbers and prevent its sharing.
- Additionally, you can restrain editing in shared documents, block printing or downloading of files by specific departments, disable the opening of documents by external users, protect the content in third-party cloud apps, and do much more.
4. Endpoint security
- BYOD devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc., project diverse endpoints. As such, securing data that travels across such devices and the internet is challenging.
- Organizations must ensure they install firewalls, threat protection and prevention systems, and web security gateways as basic security solutions.
- Being BYOD and WFH compatible, TeamsHUB by Cyclotron allows you to monitor different types of devices connected to your corporate network with advanced security controls. Besides, configuring device management policies, you can effectively analyze device behavior. Also, identity and access management ensure that the right users have access to sensitive information to avert abnormal activities.
TeamsHUB by Cyclotron with Government-grade Security
Though the force of the cloud is irrepressible, yet consequences of security breaches must not be underestimated. Hence, modern workplaces demand a comprehensive solution to make collaboration easy while keeping infrastructure secured.
We understand that in a world where information is borderless, zero-trust security matters. Thankfully, TeamsHUB by Cyclotron is successfully fulfilling the agile requirements of a multitude of organizations where information security is mission-critical.
Built on top of Teams, TeamsHUB by Cyclotron’s underlying infrastructure is hosted through Microsoft’s GCC (Government Community Cloud) that adheres to the highest standards of privacy, security, and regulatory compliance for data collaboration, which fits perfectly for FTI, CISOs, CJIS, defense agencies, and healthcare. With unique data restrictions, security protocols and an exclusive set of configuration settings, TeamsHUB by Cyclotron modernizes your MS Teams platform to eliminate security challenges and operational inefficiencies.
In a nutshell, TeamsHUB by Cyclotron provides end-to-end governance for Microsoft Teams to create a productive environment that fuels innovation. It is an intelligent combination of governance, engagement, and adoption features designed to deliver an enriching user experience by leveraging the power of automation.
If you are an organization that deals with sensitive operations and looking for enhanced data protection for digital collaboration, please visit https://teamshub.io or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a demo